Creatine is a nitrogenous chemical that, when combined with phosphate, creates phosphocreatine, which affects energy metabolism when a skeletal muscle contracts.
Creatine is a substance that starts in the body naturally and affects physical performance and muscle mass. Unfortunately, some athletes have a low level of creatine. In this sense, sports food supplements can fill this gap. Although this substance is associate with athletes, anyone needs it. An appropriate level of this substance can relieve muscle cramps and another discomfort.
This substance is naturally found in the body and synthesize by the kidneys, pancreas, and liver.
According to the French chemist Chevreul, this amino acid is found in many foods such as meat and fish. However, it has low levels of creatine compared to artificial supplements. This substance is capture by muscle tissue and store almost entirely. That is, 95% is found in skeletal muscle.
What is Creatine for?
The metabolic function of creatine is summarise in the optimal development of muscles. In turn, it intervenes in the energy demands of the body. It is activate when some effort is initiate in the forces.
Using creatine as an energy system is fast, but it is quickly depleted when the body is subjected to constant physical exertion. In this sense, nutritional supplements have been created that contribute to the formation of muscles of many athletes, especially those related to bodybuilding or requiring high musculature.
Benefits of Creatine
- Creatine can consume as a nutritional supplement. It is one of the most widely use and scientifically studied supplements. In recent years, its benefits have been recognized by the International Society of Sports Nutrition, noting that it “improves anaerobic exercise capacity.”
- According to an article publish in the Redalyc Scientific Information System, The effects that creatine produces in sports performance, it was conclude that when physical activity is of high intensity, creatine supplements improve performance and accelerate muscle development.
- The same study noted that “85% of athletes who consumed creatine supplements achieved the expected results.” So in this sense, we can highlight that it is one of the most beneficial nutritional supplements for the body.
Next, we will indicate some of the most outstanding benefits of creatine.
More Incredible Energy In The Muscles
Thanks to the fact that it affects muscular energy, athletes have more excellent resistance. So naturally, this translates into more challenging and longer workouts. However, it is an ally for high-level athletes (professionals), as it combats muscle fatigue.
Greater Muscle Development
The development of muscles occurs because fluid accumulates in the cells. This substance favours the production of the energy molecule ATP, which allows greater mobility in strength and increases its size, helping to develop lean mass.
- Another outstanding benefit of Creatine supplements is muscle recovery. Long or very intense days can affect the muscles and cause injuries. In this sense, it is necessary to implement certain recovery routines. Therefore, creatine intervenes in muscle fibres and helps muscle regeneration.
- According to certain medical studies, it has been point out that oral creatine can decrease the development of muscle, tendon and ligament cramps
- Some studies suggest that creatine fights wrinkles and sagging skin, so you can get a dose of this substance in some anti-ageing or anti-ageing treatments.
Promotes Bone Health
It is an irrefutable reality that mineral, musculoskeletal and bone density are affect with age. In this sense, some research has indicated that the contribution of creatine through supplements can affect bone health.
How To Take Creatine?
A sports health specialist should always guide the correct way to take creatine. We do not endorse the consumption of any supplement as a substitute for a balanced diet.
It should note that, although you can get a dose of creatine in foods of animal origin such as tuna, salmon, red meat, and liver, among others, the level of this substance is shallow. Therefore, it is much more convenient to consume creatine supplements. In addition, it is an excellent option for vegetarians who want to increase muscle mass.
By the way, the consumption of supplements should be combine with hard training and balanced rest.
How Does It Take Effects Of Creatine Consumption?
Consumption can be perceive immediately. Therefore, an improve energy level is directly experience.
Of course, each organism is different, and its effects will depend mainly on the amount ingested and the time of use. Some athletes maintain that the impact on better muscle development has perceive after six weeks of consumption
Precautions And Contraindications Of Creatine
Creatine is consider safe if use under the supervision of a trained nutritionist. However, it is essential to consider the following factors:
It should not be combine with caffeine, as it can cause interactions. In the same way, if you are following drug treatment, you should consult your doctor.
Do not take more significant amounts. Otherwise, it can cause problems with the kidneys.
Weight gain. Consumption can cause weight gain.
we can highlight that consumption is especially beneficial in the sports field. Those who are not athletes or do not practice any arduous physical activity should check if its use is safe. A nutritionist doctor will be able to weigh the benefits and risks for each type of patient.