Keratin Treatment Hair can be altered by several factors such as hair hygiene products, extreme temperatures, and hormonal changes. That can weaken it, making it brittle and dull. In this regard, hair keratin is a hair treatment that can restore health to your hair.
The correct application of this treatment is evident in shiny, soft and strong hair.
Table of Contents
What Is Keratin Treatment, And What Is It For?
Keratin treatment is a powerful cosmetic regenerator of the hair cuticle. Our body has Keratin, a protein that makes it possible to enjoy a beautiful appearance (hair, nails and skin). But sometimes, the body does not produce as much, or it decreases over the years.
Depending on the type of treatment, if it has a high level of Keratin or a low percentage, the result can be straight Asian hair or hair with soft waves. The final effect or impact depends on the product used.
Keratin serves to nourish the hair, repairing the fibres and restructuring it. For example, if you have curly hair, the treatment will stop frizz and make it look manageable.
The truth is that, although it can provide smoother hair, it is not a treatment with this primary function; instead, it is a nourishing treatment. In short, the Keratin treatment serves to restore the health of your hair.
Benefits Of Keratin For Hair Health
There is a wide variety of types of Keratin treatments. According to its composition, you can find a smooth, also silky and manageable effect for longer. First, we want to summarize the main benefits of Keratin in hair:
Less frizz. Keratin manages to control even the new hairs that are somewhat rebellious. At the same time, there is a 90% decrease in frizz.
Provides Shine To The Hair
Age, dye or excessive heat reduces the luminosity of the hair. This treatment restores the shine almost immediately, which makes you look young.
The Hair Does Not Get Tangled
- The hair becomes silky, so if you are one of those who fight with the hair when combing it, we will tell you that this treatment can help you.
- Soft curls As explained, if your rings are very marked, the Keratin will loosen them up a bit, providing a smooth, shiny and attractive wave.
Brittle hair is one of the most frequent problems of those who subject their hair to harsh treatments. Instead, Keratin repairs the hair from the root, providing strength and vitality.
How Is The Keratin Treatment Applied? Step By Step
Regardless of the type of treatment you use, the expert must carefully apply the Keratin, which takes a few hours. It is better to go to a hairstylist.
The most specialized treatments are not abrasive since they do not have toxic chemicals. But, it is necessary to apply it with the help of an expert.
Next, we will indicate a step by step
Wash The Hair
The hair must be clean, so a shampoo, preferably without salt, will be applied.
The dryer will be used to remove moisture and stretch the hair.
To stop. With a clip, the hair should be separate into small sections.
The expert applies the Keratin from the root to the ends. He must be careful to cover all the hair.
Griddle. Next, you have to pass an iron to straighten the hair. Again, it would help if you did this for each division to make sure you do it correctly.
Ready! Now you must ensure that the hair does not get wet for a minimum of 4 days.
How To Take Care Of The Hair After Keratin? Tips
In general, the effect of Keratin lasts about four months. Of course, as this period ends, the appearance is duller. Hence the importance of extending the newly applied development. Here are some tips
Do not wet the hair. It is vitally important during the first 72 hours after application. Avoid getting your hair wet, which involves washing it or even sweating, so avoid practising physical exercise that generates sweat.
Do not tie hair. The hair must be stretch without any folds. Therefore, you must not pick it up for three or four days. Otherwise, the mark will remain.
Do not expose it to the sun. It is better to apply the treatment at home to avoid the sun’s rays on the weekend. Use a tissue if you need to go out.
Avoid Touching The Hair
- It can be not easy if you do it unintentionally, but it is necessary so that the hair stays straight on the first day.
- Avoid shampoo with sulfate. Sulfate is a component that does not get along with Keratin and will rob hair of its shine in no time. Instead, use a good sulphate-free shampoo, and wash once or twice a week maximum.
- Don’t apply too much heat. Try to limit the use of irons and dryers so that the treatment maintains its nutrients.
- Avoid chlorine. It would help if you avoided chlorine in your hair. If you are use to swimming, wear a cap.
- Apply conditioner with Keratin. It will allow you to keep the look silky and shiny for longer.
Precautions in the application of Keratin
- It is necessary to take into account some precautions for the treatment to be successful.
- Those who have fine and straight hair must take extreme measures since the treatment can be very abrasive to the structure of the hair. Therefore, its application at home is not recommend.
Some formaldehyde chemical compounds can cause allergies. Know the components and lean towards the most natural. The application on natural hair is better. Keratin can slightly change the tone of the hair.