White Spots on the Nails because looking good is not only a matter of aesthetics but also of self-esteem. So white spots on the nails have been a concern for both women and men.
Certain studies show that these unsightly white spots on the nails are called Leukonychia. Let’s see what it is, why they appear and how we can eliminate them.
What is Leukonychia?
Perhaps you have noticed the appearance of some white spots, and then with the passing of days, you realize that they are no longer there. It is scientifically called Leukonychia, but it is more than a disease. It is a sign due to the lack of keratin in the nails. Is not a grave condition, but it can be an aesthetic problem.
This problem can stop nail growth for a short time and can be causemby physical or emotional conditions. It may even be due to constant stress or extreme contact with the cold.
It Is Necessary to know that There are Two Types Of Leukonychia:
Total or punctual leukonychia is when the nail completely discolours, leaving it white. It is sporadic. It may be due to genetics or a health problem in some cases.
Partial leukonychia is when it only appears as small spots or white dots on or below the one. It is the most common.
Why Are White Spots On The Nails?
The nails are composed of keratin and amino acids, which allow their growth and hardening.
Now, the nails are made up of different layers, so when we suffer a blow or expose the nail to some action for a long time, air bubbles tend to form between these layers, which end up in the appearance of those annoying little one’s spots. But there is no need to care because they disappear in a short time.
Causes For Which These Spots Appear, Such As:
- A deficit in food or a very aggressive diet stops consuming foods rich in folic acid , iron, vitamin B12 , zinc, and calcium.
- They were biting nails and cuticles or cutting them a lot.
- Constant tapping on the nails, typing very hard on the computer keyboard.
- Effective treatments, such as chemotherapy
- Hormonal alterations.
- Allergies to certain substances, perhaps without knowing it, the nail polish is causing a problem, or it may be the cleaning products.
- A consequence of other pathologies. Conditions such as psoriasis, anaemia, tuberculosis, kidney disease, or the appearance of nail fungus can cause white spots on the nails.
- It is significant to message that you should see a doctor when the spot is very large or turns very yellow and there is no apparent cause.
Can Leukonychia Be Eliminated?
Keep in mind that a certify treatment has not yet found that quickly removes nail stains and thus improves their aesthetics since these usually disappear on their own.
Because one of the causes of white spots on the nails is a diet deficient in minerals and vitamins, it is recommended to supply the body with calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12, which can be obtained from foods such as milk and meat, strawberries, etc.
You can also use food supplements that contain these nutrients, such as SUPRADYN ACTIVE, which provides you with a complex of vitamins from groups B, C, D, E, A, K, and biotin, as well as minerals.
Home Remedies To Remove White Spots On Nails?
- You can use natural alternatives to provide treatment for white spots on nails.
- Tea tree oil can reduce the appearance of white spots on the nails. However, you have to file the nail a little and apply a few drops every night.
- Take jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil, almond oil and a vitamin E capsule, mix everything and apply it to your nails every morning and night. Not only will you bring your nails back to life, but they will also make them a little more challenging.
- Rub a slice of lemon and let the juice begin to act for about 30 min. It helps because this fruit contains abundant vitamin C.
- Submerge in white vinegar and water. Doing this at least four times a week can reduce blemishes.
How To Avoid Stains On The Nails?
- Regardless of everything, the nails adorn our hands, and we want them to look good. So here we share some recommendations to avoid or reduce the appearance of white spots on the nails.
- Avoid blows to the nails and control anxiety. Although constant hitting can cause this symptom, at the same time, nail-biting can be a sign of stress.
- Stay hydrated. Water is an excellent ally for the health of the body, and you can make your nails healthy.
- Dirty nails produce fungi, and fungi bring those stains that disfigure the hands.
- Good nutrition. Try to maintain a balanced diet. In addition, you can use food supplements that provide you with the minerals you need.
- Altogether remove nail polish.
- Don’t use powerful chemicals like bleach.
As you may have noticed, Leukonychia is not a severe condition and can be eliminate independently. Sure, in exceptional cases, it can appear due to other diseases. However, this symptom of white spots on the nails has a solution. So take care of the health of your hands with impeccable nails!