The buttocks and legs are one of the most attractive attributes. So, of course, depending on your physical complexion, you can perform some exercises to increase and tone them. Contrary to what you may trust, it is not necessary to go to the gym to shape your body. From home, you can do practical exercises.
Of course, it is necessary to make a good training plan and be constant. In this post, we will show you the best glute and leg exercises that you can do at home without machines
Squats are one of the most whole and easy exercises to do at home. It consists of simulating the action of sitting down but without leaning anywhere.
It works multiple muscle groups, including, of course, your legs and glutes. In addition, squats are the foundation for many other exercises in the fitness world.
Its basic version does not require weight or special machinery. It can be done in small spaces. Next, we explain how to do it.
- The gaze should go forward.
- When “sitting”, the feet should be shoulder-width apart or level.
- The balls of the foot should be slightly turned out.
- When lowering, it is necessary to take out the buttocks.
- When going up, you should compress your ass.
- The arms can be extended forward or flexed, making you more comfortable.
2. Alternate Lunges
The lunge or lunge, as it is also known, it is another exercise that favours the lower body. It helps you correct posture, improves balance, and strengthens or tones your legs, quads, and even your glutes. Of course, it does so to a lesser degree as for the latter. Nevertheless, it is still one of the best exercises for the glutes at home.
Alternate strides require balance, so we recommend doing little to learn the technique well and avoid injuries. Next, we teach you how to do alternate lunges step by step.
- While standing, you should place one leg in front as if you were going to take a long step.
- While you are down, you must contact the abdomen. Try to stay in that position for a few seconds.
- Go up, and exchange the movement with the other leg.
- You can do it without weight or add dumbbells to add difficulty. This last option is recommend if the routine is straightforward for you to perform.
3. Glute Bridge
The glute bridge (glute bridge) favours the musculature of the trunk. It is an exercise in which attention is given to the external obliques, abdomen, gluteus maximus muscle, and legs’ back.
- Next, we will show you how to do the glute bridge step by step.
- Lie on the floor on your back with your legs bent.
- Elevate the pelvis, raising the buttocks. Use your heels to give strength.
- Go up and down regularly. You can also wait a few seconds with your pelvis elevated to give more tension to your buttocks.
- The glute bridge is the basic version of the Hip Thrust, which is very popular in gyms. The latter is done with a bar to add weight.
4. Side Lunge
This exercise consists of striding but laterally or to the side. There are many differences, but they all work the quadriceps, gluteus maximus, medius, and adductors. At the same time, they imply balance.
- You can lean on a wall to avoid falling, although the objective is that you learn to maintain your balance.
- We show you step by step how to do side stride.
- The exercise should start while standing, in a straight position.
You must move one of the legs laterally. The other leg should be slightly bent as if it were a squat.
- The displaced leg should be straight or stretched out.
- When going up, you must alternate each leg to complete the routine.
5. Alternate Step-Up (Or Box Climbs)
Step-up is one of the most straightforward routines. It consists of climbing a box, bench, small chair, step, etc. Work the lower body. It helps tone the legs while working the glutes
- We will tell you how to do it uploaded to the drawer.
- Raise one of the legs to the elevated surface (bench, chair or box)
- Then, raise the other leg to the height of the other
- When lowering, use the portion that was not exercise.
- Start again, but alternate with the other leg.
- The bench you use must be below. Then, after it becomes easy for you, you can use a higher one.
What To Do To Increase Legs And Buttocks?
If you want to develop your muscles, you need to add weight to your exercises. Although sure, specific workouts involve supporting your weight. These exercises are excellent when you’re starting the routines.
Now, as you progress, you need to add weight to add complexity to the routines. In this way, the muscles increase. Albert Heads, the personal trainer at Alcalotrainer, explains that “when no significant changes are seen in the body, despite continuing an exercise routine, the period of progression has been overcome.”
At some point in the workouts, it will be necessary to change the total kilos lifted or increase the number of repetitions.
Now, if you want to tone your legs and buttocks, you can do exercises without any weight, but regularly. When you are in the “legs and buttocks increase” stage, we recommend eating a diet rich in protein.
What Is The Best Exercise For The Legs And Buttocks?
The complete exercise for the legs and buttocks is the squat. Now, we recommend trying different routines. You can show off perfect buttocks in just 30 days, but it is vital to be constant.
We recommend letting your muscles rest on a day in between. After that, you should train four days a week, at least in these areas. In this way, you allow the body to recover and even the legs and buttocks to proliferate.